Thursday 25 March 2010

If you can’t pay them, feed them!

The other day during a displaced morning of editing at Curzon Soho bar my editor and I fell into hysterics. This is a frequent occurrence when we both become delirious with moustache fatigue but this time it was something different. The cause of the hysterics was not simply the loud slurping noises we made as we tucked in to the home made soup that I’d sneaked in, but the fact that I had served it in what was readily available: a plastic cup and a straw. 
It reminded me of a great podcast from Shooting People where Amy Sewell, director of Mad Hot Ballroom says 'If you can’t pay them, feed 'em well...don’t just feed them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.'
find it here along with some other great podcasts from Shooting People...
Well, I'm not sure if soup counts as feeding them well but I'm persevering; for tonight’s edit I’ve gone all out with bowls and spoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment